Re: Scouts Driving
hilding holroyd (hilding@BLUESTONE.COM)
Wed, 21 Feb 1996 11:01:41 EST
Thought I would interject on this one.
I have worked with the following policy when it comes
to Scouts driving.
1) Scouts/Scouters under 21 MAY drive to the NORMAL troop meeting
2) Scouts/Scouters under 21 MAY drive siblings (ONLY!!) to troop
rationale: they have not "commenced" a Scout activity
and this then should fall under parental control.
I would prefer a note from the parents giving permission
for those under 18, but I never pushed for it.
3) Scouts/Scouters under 21 MAY drive non-siblings to troop
meetings ONLY with a signed note from the other Scouts'
parents giving permission.
4) Scouts/Scouters under 21 MAY drive themselves and equipment to any
5) Scouts/Scouters under 21 MAY NOT drive any others to Scouting
events, even with a note.
What it boils down to is interpreted BSA policy.
Hilding W. Holroyd Advancement Chairman, Tr 250
Lakewood, NJ District Adv Chair, Whispering Pine Dist.
Eagle Class '68 Jersey Shore Council
Wood Badge: Japeechen Lodge (Brotherhood)
"I used to be a FOX!", NE-IV-54
"I used to be a STAFFER!", NE-IV-71, NE-II-79
Voice: (609)-727-4600 fax: (609)-727-3833
Bluestone WWW Home Page: http://www.bluestone.com
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City