Re: Charter Presentation ceremonies
Marc Solomon (msolomon@TEK1.TEKNIQ.COM)
Mon, 12 Feb 1996 16:03:22 -0600
At 08:51 AM 2/12/96 EST, Lew Bowling wrote:
>I'm in need of a Charter Presentation Ceremony if anyone out there has a good
>one they're willing to share. This is rather special since the Charter is to
>a new chartering organization who picked us up when our old CO was unable to
The official Charter Presentation Ceremony is in one of the books (I forget
its actual name) that your Unit Commissioner should have (its one that
describes the UC's job). Get in touch with your Unit Commissioner and see
if he will do the presentation. It is the UC's task to do this
presentation. If you lack a UC (or an active UC as is frequently the case),
contact the District Commissioner or the appropriate Asst. District
Commissioner and see if that person will do the presentation. You might
want to ask those people to attend even if the UC does the presentation,
along with the District Executive and the Disctrict Chairman. There is a
section of the presentation which introduces these people to your Charter
To give you a brief synopsis of the ceremony, it has the following sections:
1) Have the Unit Committee stand up, describe their responsibilities
and have them agree to them.
2) Have the Scoutmaster or Cubmaster, his assistants, and Den
Leaders stand up, explain their responsibilities and have them agree to them.
3) Have the Youth Leadership (for troops) stand up, explain their
responsibilities, and have them agree to them.
4) Have all the Scouts stand up, explain their responsibilites to
the Oath and the Law, and have them agree to them.
5) Have the parents of the Scouts stand up, explain their roles in
the unit, and have them agree to them.
6) Have the COR stand up, explain his role and have him agree to it.
7) Have the members of the Charter Organization stand up. Explain
their role in Scouting and have them agree to it.
8) If any of the district or council mucky-mucks are there,
introduce them to everybody.
9) Have the Institutional Head stand up, Present him with the
Charter with Warm thanks, so on and so forth, for providing such a wonderful
vehicle for their youth and the youth of the neighborhood, . . .
Marc W. Solomon Unit Commissioner
firstname.lastname@example.org Sycamore District
email@example.com Blackhawk Council, IL
I use to be a wise old owl . . . Now I am just old
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City