Re: W.O.W or Webelos Woods
Merl Whitebook (MAWLAW@AOL.COM)
Thu, 1 Feb 1996 17:53:14 -0500
Help, I did it again. I just can't follow the advise of President and Mrs.
Bush, who told us to "Just Say NO!"
So here it is. I am the Chairperson for "Webelos Outdoor Weekend" or as some
call it "Webelos Woods". I have listened and heard two major complaints.
Not enough to entertain the Scouts (not webelos) and not enough to draw the
Here is what We have planned so far:
Activities for all participants:
1. Orienteering course, prizes for Webelos, Scouts and Leaders
2. Zip Line and Obstacle Course
3. Fireman Chip & Firebuilding contest prizes for Webelos and Scouts
4. BB gun range and shoot off, prizes for Webelos and Scouts
5. Archery - Deer Hunt and Animal tracking
6. Chile Cookoff contest Prizes for webelos, Scouts and Leaders
7. Initiative Training prizes for Webelos, Scouts and Leaders
Activities for Webelos
1. Whittling Chip
2. Knot Tying and Lashings
3. Cooking: Pancake Flip, Biscuit on a stick, Donuts and Foil dinners
4. First Aid
Activities for Scouts:
1. Canoe Safety Instruction and race
2. C.P.R. certification
3. Fingerprinting Merit Badge
Scout Spirit: For the best campsite ect. Prize to Troop
Activities for Leaders
1. C.P.R. Certification
In addition there will be a DARE presentation, fingerprinting and a Drug Dog
demonstration; a great campfire program and a chapel program.
I need your help. The Webelos program is doing well, (I think) but I could
especially use ideas for the Scout activities and the Adult Leader program.
Looking for particulars as well as general comments and thoughts.
Thanks in advance. Yours in Scouting.
Eagle District Activities Chairman
Indian Nations Council
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City