Yet another I am Your Flag
BILL NELSON (nelsonb@AZTEC.ASU.EDU)
Sat, 21 Oct 1995 20:51:42 -0700
Here is another version. You can get this one
on our page: http://www.hiwaay.net/hyper/Scouts/ceremony.html
I AM YOUR FLAG
* I am your flag.
* I was born June 14, 1777.
* I am more then just cloth shaped into a design.
* I am the refuge of the World's oppressed people.
* I am the silent sentinel of freedom.
* I am the emblem of the greatest sovereign nation on earth.
* I am the inspiration for which American Patriots gave their lives
* I have led your sons into battle from Valley Forge to the dense
jungles of Vietnam.
* I walk in silence with each of your honored dead to their final
* place beneath the silent white crosses - row upon row.
* I have flown through peace and war; strife and prosperity; and
amidst it all, I have been respected.
* I am your flag.
* My red stripes symbolize the blood spilled in defense of this
* My white stripes signify the yurning tears shed by Americans who
lost their sons and daughters.
* My blue field is indicative of God's heaven, under which I fly.
* My stars, clustered together, unify fifty states as one, for God
and Country. "Old Glory" is my nickname, and I proudly wave on
high. Honor me, respect me, defend me with your lives and your
* Never let my enemies tear me down from my lofty position, lest I
* Keep alight the fires of patriotism; strive earnestly for the
spirit of Democracy.
* Worship Eternal God, and keep his commandments; and I shall remain
the bulwark of peace and freedom for all mankind.
* I AM YOUR FLAG!
Marine Master Sargeant Percy Webb
Hope this helps,
Bill Nelson Webelos Den Leader, Pack 878 Assistant Scoutmaster,
Troop 14, Unit Commissioner, Tempe District, Grand Canyon Council
Phoenix, Arizona USA mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Member of U.S. Scouting Service Proj., http://www.hiwaay.net/hyper/Scouts
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City