When is a new pack/troop needed?
Pierre A. Berube (pb159@WWA.COM)
Sat, 5 Aug 1995 10:17:58 -0500
When is a new pack or Troop needed?
1. When the packs and troop are full to there capacity due to phycial room.
2. Because a Church or sponsor wants it so they can draw new members.
3. Or because just to look good for the Council, for Quality District Award.
4. Or for the District Execitive to meet his 3 year goal for a raise.
5. Or a excuse to spend our SME money.
Please I am throwing out ideas I would like to hear from you.
I do not care how political your answere is..
Why start a troop with no trained Leaders, Equipment, or money Boys will
not get a quality program and drop out because there friends in another
troop has equipment, leaders and go on campouts. The boy will drop from
the new troop either go to the troop with his friends or drop out of
scouting completely....NOW YOU HAVE A FAILED NEW TROOP. The new troop
folds and now showing a bad mark against the district as a dropped unit
and dropped boys.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Catch you later
Used to be a Fox and a BobWhite
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City