Packard High Adventure Base info request
Linda Gremillion (lgremil@TENET.EDU)
Wed, 19 Jul 1995 12:23:37 -0500
We are considering going to to Packard High Adventure Base next summer.
We've sent off for the usual brochures, handouts, etc., but I would
appreciate any "hands on" experience from Scouters who have been there.
What's good, what's bad, what not to do, would you go again, and so forth.
We've been to the following "regular" summer camps in Texas, which I
would be happy to describe to anyone interested:
- El Rancho Cima (Sam Houston Council), in central Texas, just
north of Canyon Lake, and west of New Braunfels.
- Lost Pines (Capitol Council) east of Austin, near Bastrop.
- Buffalo Trails (Buffalo Trails Council) Davis Mountains, off
I-1- near Balmorhea.
- Camp Sol Meyer (Concho Council) west central Texas, near Eden,
sw of San Angelo.
- Bear Creek (Alamo Council) Hill Country northwest of San Antonio.
- Wihinipay (Conquistador Council) in the Sacramento Mountains of
south eastern New Mexico..
CC - T515
Alamo Area Council
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City