Re: Backcountry Emergency: Evaluation
Bart Voyce (bart@FUWUTAI.ATT.COM)
Mon, 5 Jun 1995 11:14:00 -0400
Alan R. Rouser writes:
>I want to ask the collective wisdom what other or alternative actions could
>have been taken. Was I being overly cautious (or even panicky) in sending
>for evacuation immediately? Should I have waited a little while to evaluate
>him more (I have Red Cross first aid, but no other medical training)? What
>would you have done differently? By the way, no one here has even hinted
>that they question my response, so this is strictly academic postmortem.
Of course you did the right thing. Ask yourself "What COULD be wrong?
You just don't know if the Scout has internal bleeding or a
concussion. All head injuries require immediate attention, and if that
boy were my son, I would have been very happy with your quick
.../Bart Voyce, ASM Troop 102, Wayne, NJ
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City