Re: HELP! Need embroidery co. suggestions
Andrew Heath (HEATHA@YVAX.BYU.EDU)
Sat, 25 Mar 1995 19:21:50 -0700
To My Canadian Friends;
When taking my American Heritage Class, I decided to take a Canadian section to
learn not only more about the U.S. but more about Canada too.
As part of the class, we were assigned to write a paper comparing some aspect
of the U.S. with some aspect of Canada. Being a Scouter, I chose to write my
paper on Scouting in our two countries.
This list has provided me with some good information, but while preparing the
draft of my paper I realized that I still had several Questions.
If you can answer any of the following questions, please e-mail me at
(if anyone is interested I will send you a copy of the report when I get it
1. Is anyone here a member of the "Association Des Scouts Du Canada"? I have
only seen members of the Boy Scouts of Canada, and lack any information on this
other scout organization. - If anyone can send me something it will be
2. What Canadian organizations are members of WAGGGS? I have no information in
my files for this as well.
3. What is the Cub Scout Motto for BSC?
4. What are the awards presented for Heroism, and how are they presented?
I beleive the highest one is the Silver Cross?
5. What factors do you feel have influenced the development of the scouting
program in Canada?
6. When and how did Scouting first come to Canada?
Thank you in advance for anything you can tell me. I would also appreciate any
other comments that you feel may help me in wrighting a comparison Paper.
YiS, Andrew J. Heath (Heatha@yvax.byu.edu)
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City