Re: Woodbadge Across the World
Eduardo Esteva Fischer (efischer@COLOSSUS.RHON.ITAM.MX)
Thu, 23 Mar 1995 20:16:15 -0600
0) What is your Country and Scout Organization?
I am in Mexico and my Scout Organization is Asociacion de Scouts de
Mexico, A.C. ASMAC (Scouts Association from Mexico)
1) Does your organization award Woodbadge to its leaders?
2) What is the process leading to Woodbadge in your country?
We have a special program that each Provincia (as a Council) makes
programs for the leaders. Also the leaders must work in their program on
base of what they must learn they have a special document to help in this
3) Is there additional training available after Woodbadge?
Yes. Later they have another programs that helps in this area, and they
must make a program that cover five areas looking to be a better leader
and help better the scouts
4) Is Woodbadge required for some positions?
Yes. You need it to be Group Scout Leader, District/Regional/National
Committee member, Trainer in any kind of course, and in general for any
position above the local Group level.
5) Is there Woodbadge training for all age sections?
6) How many leaders are there in you organizations?
In 1994 there were about 24,000 leaders
7) How many Woodbadges are awarded each year?
We don't have that date available
8) If there are women leaders in your associations, are they allowed to
receive the Woodbadge?
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City