John Bemis (jbemis@CASS.MA02.BULL.COM)
Sun, 27 Nov 1994 22:55:43 -0500
Sorry, but the message sender was lost and since it has been so quiet since
wednesday, I will put it online.
18 6mm Rondell beads in red, white, and black (6 each)
17 6X19MM spaghetti beads in blue (8) and gold (9)
18 6mm 20 sides beads in red
17 3/4" safety pins (#3 ?)
17 4mm 20 sided beads in blue and gold
1 - 12" and 1 - 8" 12 guage wire
1. Construct the feathers out of the safety pins, 4mm round beads, and the
2. Use 8" wire, wrap 3 loops around the tip of needle nose pliers. These will
be the places to tie on stuff that hangs down, but later.
3. Beginning with a 6 mm rondell on the wire, add a safety pin feather, then
repeat until you run out. Use the spring loop end of the safety pin. Add an
extra rondell to finish the string.
4. Make three wraps around the needle nose pliers to hold the feathers and space
rs together. You will be tightening them up later.
5. With the 12" wire, wrap the loops, place a 20 sided bead, then thread
the wire thru the catch end of the safety pin feather. It will get
harder as the string of connected parts increases, and it will begin to bend.
repeat until all the feather are attached, then add the last 20 sided bead.
Wrap the loops around the needle nose.
6. Tighten first the smaller loop, then the back loop.
7. Use a short piece of wire as a staple in the back about 4 up to hold down
YiS, Jay Bemis
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City