Re: Pocketknife handling card
Paul S. Wolf (aa854@CLEVELAND.FREENET.EDU)
Tue, 1 Nov 1994 12:22:18 -0500
I was finally able to get a copy of the requirements for the BSA's Cub
Scout Whittling Chip. Here is what the card says:
On the front:
(Cub Emblem) (Webelos Emblem)
This certifies that
has completed the Shavings and Chips Achievement 19 in
the __Big Bear Cub Scout Book__ and has demonstrated
knowledge of, and skill in, the use of a personal pocketknife.
By completing these safety requirements, he has earned
the right to carry a pocketknife at Cub Scout functions.
Den Leader _______________________________
On the back:
In return for the privilege of carrying a pocketknife
at Cub Scout functions, I agree to the following:
1. I will complete the Shavings and Chips
Achievment 19 in the __Big Bear Cub
Scout Book__. I understand the rules for
safe use of a pocketknife.
2. I will handle my pocketknife with care.
3. I will always close my pocketknife and put
it away when not in use.
4. I will not use my pocketknife when it
might injure someone near me.
5. I promise never to throw my pocketknife
for any reason.
6. I will use my pocketknife in a safe manner
at all times.
No. 34223 1993 printing
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City