Olan Watkins (o.watkins@GENIE.GEIS.COM)
Mon, 17 Oct 1994 21:02:00 UTC
To Paul Whitfield
Yesterday the question was asked "what does it take to qualify for the
Troop Quality Unit Award". I have the form in front of me now, so
will attempt to more completely answer the question. There are 10
items in all, and a unit must have at least 6 out of the total, and 4
of the items are required, the must have items are (1) Training, (2)
Two deep leadership, (7) Outdoor activities, and (10) On time charter
There are checks for the past year and commitment for the coming year.
The items are as follows:
(1) Training, Scoutmaster will complete Fast Start and Scoutmastership
(2) Two deep leadership, one or more assistants registered, trained,
(3) Planned Program, an annual program planning conference.
(4) Service Project, at least one.
(5) Advancement, sixty percent or more will advance at least one rank.
(6) Boys Life, fifty percent or more will subscribe to Boys' Life, or
have at least 10 percent increase from last year.
(7) Outdoor Activity, at least six outdoor activities.
(8) Membership, recharter with an increase in youth over a year ago.
(9) Patrol Method, conduct Troop junior leader training as outlined in
the Scoutmaster Handbook and hold monthly patrol leaders' council
(10) On-Time Charter Renewal, the Troop will complete its charter
renewal before its current charter expires.
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City