Dutch Oven Donuts
Neal Wood (Neal.Wood@GSA.GOV)
Fri, 13 May 1994 16:21:23 EST
>Donuts in a dutch oven?????? Yum! Can you share the recipe and
>helpful hints for us dutch oven fanatics??
The following recipe is _NOT_ approved by the American Heart
Pillsbury "Pop'n Fresh" refrigerated biscuit dough
Brown Paper Sack
(quantities are approximate)
1. Heat dutch oven with 1 to 2 inches of cooking oil to 375
degrees (not so hot that is smokes, but hot enough that a
drop of water "pings").
2. Open can of biscuit dough. Remove one biscuit. Tear and
stretch the biscuit to form a hole in the center (the hole
is important, otherwise you get a typical scout pancake,
burned on the outside and raw on the inside).
3. Put "donut" gently (don't drop!) into hot oil. Cook
4. Remove donut from oil. Drain.
5. Place into paper sack with powdered sugar. Shake.
6. Remove from paper sack. Eat
A couple of these will clog your arteries, I guarantee.
ASM, Troop 647 - National Capitol Area Council
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City