Re: Graphics Conversion
Peter Van Houten (peterva@QM.WV.TEK.COM)
Fri, 13 May 1994 09:20:20 -0800
>I have received some of the clipart from the listserver, but cannot use it
>since I do not have any software that will use the pcx format. Does
>anyone know where I can get software that will convert pcx to another
>format? I have WordPerfect 5.1 which uses .WPG format. Thanks.
Scott (et. al.)
There is an application available called Transverter Pro, available in both
Windows & Macintosh releashes, that makes your Graphic files universal. It's
* Ability to Interpret PostScript Files, providing output in both vector and
* Translates PostScript from Mac, Windows, DOS, NeXT, Unix and OS/2.
* Translates all Vector Graphics into other vector & bitmap formats making
everywhere. This includes support for the following vector formats:
.WMF / .WPG / .CGM / .AI / .PICT / Quickdraw
and the following bitmap formats:
.BMP / .TIF / .PCX / .TGA / .GIF / .PICT (Bitmap)
* Adds screen preview for EPS / TIF / PICT images.
* Converts Freehand.EPS into editable files for use in Coreldraw, Adobe
Illustrator and even
importable back into Freehand.
I have no idea on the cost of this application, but I've seen it work and it
is one of the recommended translater packages I recommend, along with Hijack,
in my job.
Hope this helps!
ps. The number I have for TechPool which wrote Transverter Pro is:
Peter Van Houten / E-Mail:
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City