Re: HATS ON - Final vote
Bill Hunter (hunteb@SMTPGATE.LDS-AZ.LORAL.COM)
Mon, 25 Apr 1994 15:50:03 MST
I have not seen such a strong debate in my Troop in years. All the members
from adults to 10 year olds were heavily ingrossed in debate.
The Scouts views are:
1. We wear hats in our homes, friends homes, etc
2. We wear hats in the Mall and stores
3. It is our Scout Lodge, we should be free to make the rules
4. Since we have not adopted a uniform hat in this Troop, it should be no
different then wearing non-scout pants.
5. We are Scouts not military
6. To take off your hat only because someone is yelling at you does not
show any respect anyway.
7. We see no relation between a hat and respect.
Several Adult Views:
1. Importance of good uniforming
2. Taking off your hat in a building is only good manners. (One boy asked
who wrote that rule!).
3. Agree on a Troop hat, if you don't like the Scout uniform hat.
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City