Re: Wood Chip reqs.
E. C. HALE (ARTHALE@EKU.BITNET)
Thu, 21 Apr 1994 23:09:50 -0400
It ain't Whittln' Chip! The title of this little yellow card I
Have before me is .......(insert loud drum roll here)....WHITTLING CHIP!
On the front it says:
This certifies that
has completed the Shavings and Chips Achievement 19
in the Big Bear Cub Scout Book and has demonstrated
knowledge of, and skill in, the use of a personal pocketknife.
By completing these safety requirements, he has earned
the right to carry a pocketknife at Cub Scout functions.
On the rear it says:
In return for the privilege of carrying a
pocketknife at Cub Scout functions, I agree
to the following:
1. I will complete the Shavings and Chips
Achievement 19 in the Big Bear Cub Scout
Book. I understand the rules for safe use
of a pocketknife.
2. I will handle my pocketknife with care.
3. I will always close my pocketknife and put
it away when not in use.
4. I will not use my pocketknife when it might
injure someone near me.
5. I promise never to throw my pocketknife
for any reason.
6. I will use my pocketknife in a safe manner
at all times.
No. 34223 1992 Printing
Any Questions? :)
Yours in Scouting,
Carroll Hale (SM T-118) SAINT MARK RICHMOND, KENTUCKY
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City