Dave Hultberg (dave.hultberg@PAONLINE.COM)
Tue, 1 Feb 1994 13:04:04 -0500
As one of my Wood Badge ticket, I made it one of my personal goals as
ASM to involve my troop in the Webelos transition program. As I
hurriedly planned it before the end of course feast (yum), these are the
steps I came up with:
1. Contact Pack Committee & CM and secure their cooperation.
2. Contact Webelos Den Leaders and explain the transition program to
3. Solicit volunteers in the troop to serve as Den Chiefs, especially
for the Webelos Dens.
4. Attend at least one Pack Committee meeting and three Pack Meetings
to foster a partnership between pack and troop.
5. Keep the pack informed of the troop's schedule as an aid to planning
6. Attend the pack's bridging ceremony.
7. Volunteer to serve as ASM for new scouts. (done & accepted)
The expected result is a closer relationship with the pack that will
facilitate more Webelos joining Scouts.
Does anyone have any additions, changes or other constructive comments
that I can use as I implement this plan?
Yours in Scouting,
firstname.lastname@example.org ASM Troop 196, Keystone Area Council
Eagle Class of '67, and a good old Bobwhite too NE-VI-34
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City