Re: Problem with another leader.
Kathie Cerveny (kathie@DELTA.EECS.NWU.EDU)
Mon, 25 Oct 1993 16:07:19 CDT
Wow -what a mess! But -- it it helps -- you are not the first nor will you be
the last to run into a self-image problem of another volunteer. And that is
what is happending here.
1. Get your Fast Start training done. It involves 2 hours and a video tape,
and should answer many of your questions and solve a number of your problems.
Your Council office has copies of this video.
2. Take and complete basic training, INCLUDING the Webelos Outdoor session. If
your district does not have it readily available, contact the Scout office or
Scout offices in councils around you -- find and attend the training.
3. BUY the Cub Leader Book, (a minimum cost for so much info); you probably
already have a copy of the Webelos Book; and get a copy of a Guide to Safe
Scouting. With these in hand, plan YOUR den's program (which at this point is
for both dens, I understand).
4. Planning ahead, is one of the MAJOR skills our BSA program teaches -- a hard
lesson to teach -- easier to teach my example.
5. HAND IN THERE! Those kids are worth it - and you are right.
Attend a Pow Wow -- take the Webelos sessions -- take the pack administration
session -- ask for help from your unit commissioner -- ask for help from your
C.S. trainers in the district.
Hope this helps -- it is just a few ideas.
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City