SUMMARY: Canadian scouts OFFICIALY co-ed!!!
Fri, 11 Dec 1992 07:58:47 -0500
Here are the results from our discussion.
But first, some closing comments.
I would like to say that I believe that this topic has provided a
healthy discussion for both sides. Even though in my opinion I believe
that the BSA should continue with its current policy, I am not going to
lose any sleep over this issue because there are more improtant things to
be worried about. If the BSA does go coed I'll pick-up the new program
and go with it.
Now for the results.
Total messages 26
Total people 18
For coed BSA 9
Remain the same 3
No comment 5
Advantages/Reasons for coed scouting
1. Girls will not be discriminated against.
2. Girls will be well rounded citizens.
3. BSA members won't hang around showers trying to catch a peek.
4. A complete family program.
5. Every one else has done it.
6. USA will fall behind the rest of the world.
7. Is better for the development of boys as whole human beings.
8. Better retention.
Kevin M. Torres (404) 853-9269
Research Engineer internet: email@example.com
Georgia Tech Research Institute
Centenial Research Building Room 493
Atlanta, Georgia 30332
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City