C.S. Leader Basic Training
Kathie Cerveny (kathie@DELTA.EECS.NWU.EDU)
Tue, 11 Aug 1992 17:00:48 CDT
Since the introduction of the CUb Scout Leader Basic Training Manual, no.
4100, four years ago, several changes and improvements have taken place
taht call for an update of this complete guide to basic training in Cub
Scouting. Accordingly, in August councils will receive the 1992 Update to
Cub Scout Leader Basic Training, No. 13-4100, featuring revised copy to be
incorporated into your existing Basic Training Manual. Also coming is a
new version of the Cub Scout Leader Basic Training video, no. 34108.
The updated training includes the following:
* A new Tiger Cub group coach split session
* A new section on Ethics in Action
* An updated reference sheet on literature and materials
* A revised Youth Protection video
* A new Tiger Cub video
* The Ethics in Action video, REFLECTING
* A new program planning video (HURRAY!! I find the current one so
nauseating, that I can not stay in the same room with "my son....")
The training schedule for the one-day course has been updated to fit the
new information into the same overall time frame. The Three-Step and
Self-Study courses have not yet been updated, but will be in the future.
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City