15 Steps to Building a Campfire
Jon Eidson (EIDSON@TCUBVM.BITNET)
Fri, 8 May 1992 09:45:34 CDT
A friend just gave me this:
FIFTEEN STEPS TO BUILDING A CAMPFIRE
1. Split dead limbs into fragments and shave one fragment into
2. Bandage left thumb.
3. Chop other fragments into smaller fragments.
4. Bandage left foot.
5. Make structure of slivers (including those embedded in hand).
6. Light match.
7. Light match.
8. Repeat "A Scout is Cheerful" and light match.
9. Apply match to slivers, add wood fragments and blow gently
into base of flames.
10. Apply burn ointment to nose.
11. When fire is burning, collect more wood.
12. Upon discovery that fire has gone out during your absence,
soak wokd from can labeled "Kerosene".
13. Treat face and arms for second-degree burns and re-label
can to read "Gasoline".
14. When fire is burning well, add all remaining wood.
15. When thunderstorm has passed, repeat steps 1 through 14!
Enjoy... Jon Eidson (EIDSON@TCUBVM.bitnet)
Terry Howerton Sakima Group, Inc. SCOUTER Magazine Kansas City